Saturday, February 25, 2012

Backup and Restor MS SQL Server 2005

I have a community server running in a hiring host, and I also install it on localhost. I would like to know how to backup the database from hosting and restore it to the site running on my localhost so that two sites is the same and in case there is an error from the hosting I can recover my database.

I can connect to my hosting database easily using SQL server Studio 2005, but the hosting does not offer backup through control panel. Could you please instruct me how to backup and restore database by SQL Server Management Studio.

Thank you very much,

Use Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio->Management->Maintenance plans to backup you databases and then on localhost use a query like "restore database TESTfrom disk = 'c:\TEST.BAK'WITH MOVE 'TEST' TO 'C:\TEST\TEST.mdf'"|||

Thank you Konan,

I'll try right now

No comments:

Post a Comment