Sunday, March 25, 2012

Backup Errors in sqlserver

Hello all,

How can I resolve this error message I keep getting when I try to backup my database?

Thanks in Advance.

"Can't open dump device 'D:\MSSQL\BACKUP\dmpApp_tracker.DAT', device error or device off line. Please consult the SQL Server error log for more details. (Message 3201)"Are you appending to the device? I've seen this happen when an active backup operation gets interrupted. After that the device needs to be re-created. If you were appending backups to it see if you can recover the ones that you intend to keep.|||No, I am not appending to it. This is sqlserver 6.5 and it does not give you that option. It does have a expire after date and I set that to 7. Thanks for the help.|||6.5?

Deal me out...

What did the error log say?|||Yes it does! WITH NOINIT is available in 6.5 SP5a, look closely!

No comments:

Post a Comment