Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Backup failed (Error 3041) while try to issue a BACKUP Statement in Local

Hi,

I use the Transact-SQL BACKUP statement in Visual Basic to backup my local MSSQL Database. It give me this error

Error 3041

BACKUP failed to complete the command BACKUP DATABASE [BCFPC] to BCFPCBKP

I already created a backup device called BCFPCBKP and it is backup to the disk.

I tried to run the same BACKUP statement in SQL Query Analyzer and it worked fine. I tried to run my VB application in another PC. It worked fine when i use this command remotely. Can anyone tell me what's the problem?

Thanks in advance

regards,
M.Y. YapAre you sure the id which was used to start the job agent had access right to the backup device?|||Yes, I usse the same id with the one that I used at a remote PC.

The id I used was 'sa' and I connect to the master database to run the 'BACKUP' statement.

No comments:

Post a Comment