Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Backup Failed? cannot find deleted database

Hi,
I have MSSQL 2000 and I am using Veritas Backup Exec 9.1 to backup
SQL.
I resently deleted a Database and now the JOB fails with error:
0xa000fe09 - DBASE_NAME cannot find/connect to database or its
directories.
The database is not listed in the job selection either? Is there
anyway I can stop Veritas reporting the failure for a non-exsistant
database?
TIAIn the backup selections list, select Text view, which will then give you a
list of all the things being backed up (rather than the graphical display),
you should find that the db which you have deleted is listed there, so you
can manually delete it from the list.
The graphical display won't display it, as the items to be backed up are
displayed live from the server, so since the db is no longer there, it can't
display it, and therefore can't show that it is selected. It's a fairly well
known "feature" of all versions of Backup Exec.
Keith
"Carlos" <carlos_kennerley@.hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:fb6dfb4d.0410260154.2dd334ad@.posting.google.com...
> Hi,
> I have MSSQL 2000 and I am using Veritas Backup Exec 9.1 to backup
> SQL.
> I resently deleted a Database and now the JOB fails with error:
> 0xa000fe09 - DBASE_NAME cannot find/connect to database or its
> directories.
> The database is not listed in the job selection either? Is there
> anyway I can stop Veritas reporting the failure for a non-exsistant
> database?
> TIA

No comments:

Post a Comment